Professional Carpet Cleaning Services in Auckland
Although vacuum cleaning can eliminate most dry dirt, cleaning your carpet is necessary on a regular basis. This helps to remove ingrained particles and stains that build up inside the pile of your carpet due to the dirt tracked in from outdoors and oils from feet for example. Regular cleaning by a professional carpet cleaner can also remove odours that build up over time from cooking, and pets.
What Is A Good Carpet Cleaning Practice?
If you have your carpet cleaned before the dirt and smells get too bad, then it will be a much easier cleaning task. It is also more likely to be a successful clean as well. People often wonder how often they should get their carpet cleaned. Usually they will vacuum their carpets at least once a week, sometimes more. But that doesn’t fully get rid of those small particles and the dirt we mentioned before. A professional carpet cleaner in Auckland says that a good rule-of-thumb is in a typical household is to have your carpets cleaned every 12 to 18 months, depending on how many people live in the house and the amount of traffic walking on the carpets on a regular basis.
Doing Your Own Carpet Cleaning
If you decide to rent a steam cleaning and clean the carpets yourself, you will need to check out several different steamers. Most rental carpet cleaning units for domestic will get your carpet cleaner but not thoroughly clean. There is also a risk that if you do not know what you are doing, that you might damage your carpet in the process. Always consider the following factors:
– Some rental companies provide carpet cleaning equipment which is quite similar to professional cleaners. This equipment can have sufficient vacuum power that allows your carpet to dry out within 12 hours after you have cleaned it.
– Avoid the carpet cleaning rental units offered by grocery and retails stores. They don’t have a sufficient amount of power for extracting the cleaning solution out of carpet quickly enough, and over-wetting can damage your carpet.
– Be sure to not over wet your carpet. Prolonged dampness may result in the growth of bacteria and mildew in your carpet or cause the backing to separate. When a carpet stays wet for longer than 24 hours it may develop serious problems. Using the right training and proper equipment can keep things under control.
– Carpets with stain resistant treatment need to be cleaned using products that have been formulated for that specific purpose. Otherwise, the carpet’s stain resistance may be impaired and it can void your warranty.
– Do not use spotting or cleaning solutions that contain bleach because that will drastically alter the colours of your carpet.
Hot Water Extraction Carpet Cleaning
This is a highly recommended system and is considered to be one of the best carpet cleaning methods. This process is also referred to as steam cleaning. It involves spraying a mixture of detergent and water into the pile and then removing soil and water using a powerful vacuum that sucks everything into a holding tank. A portable self-contained or truck mounted unit can be used. This is one of the best methods for getting rid of pet stains or odours from soiled carpets.
Professional Carpet Cleaners
Hiring a professional carpet cleaner is the best option for you. The have plenty of experience, and will also have the best type of carpet cleaning equipment too. They use equipment that has more extraction power compared to the units that you can hire.
This means that the carpet will dry a lot faster reducing the risk of mildew or damage to the backing.
They also know which are the best cleaning agents to use for specific stains and types of carpet fibre or weave.
For the best results contact a professional carpet cleaner in Auckland, like Go Green Carpet Cleaning. They have years of experience, and produce great results. They are also one on the most environmentally aware carpet cleaners only using eco-friendly cleaning agents.